UPIPs are on-campus, paid internships that give you real-world work experience while still enrolled in school. The experience and leadership you gain will help you improve your post-graduation job prospects.
University Professional Internship Program
- The internships offered through the University Professional Internship Program differ significantly from most other student employment positions on campus as they are designed to provide professional knowledge and skill development consistent with your major/career goals.
- Internships are part-time during the fall and spring semesters – typically 10-15 hours/week.
- All positions pay $10/hour.
- Students may have an internship over multiple sessions, but ONLY ONE UPIP internship per semester.
- UPIP is available to full-time sophomores, juniors, and seniors seeking a first bachelor's degree and in good standing with the university.
how to apply
- Apply for UPIP positions in Hire-A-Niner.
- You will need an approved resume to apply in Hire-A-Niner.
Documentation needed for working on campus
- View this complete list of acceptable I-9 documents.
- You must bring the original document(s) for identification and/or employment authorization. The university cannot accept copied, faxed or e-mailed copies of documents.
- If you have an unexpired US Passport or a Permanent Resident Card, you only need this document.
- If you do not have either of these documents, you will need to bring both: an unexpired government issued photo ID (i.e. Student ID, Drivers License, or Military ID) and an employment authorization document (i.e. Social Security Card or Birth Certificate)