Student Temporary Wage positions are open to any interested, and currently enrolled, UNC Charlotte student.
Part-time Jobs for students
- UNC Charlotte offers part-time jobs for all currently enrolled students. These jobs are called "Student Temporary Wage positions".
- There are no financial eligibility requirements which must be met to obtain a position of this type.
how to apply
- Apply for student temporary wage positions in Hire-A-Niner.
- You will need an approved resume to apply in Hire-A-Niner.
pay rates / maximum hours / time sheets
- Student employees are paid a minimum of $9 per hour.
- You may be compensated at a higher rate depending upon critieria such as skills and/or responsibiliites required, length of service, etc.
- During the academic year and the summer while you are attending classes, you are allowed to work up to twenty (20) hours in any given week.
- Student Temporary Wage hourly employees are paid monthly on the 15th (or last business day prior to the 15th) for all hours worked in the preceding month (e.g.: payment in October for September hours worked).
- Timesheets must be completed, signed, and submitted to your supervisor, no later than the first day of the month in which you are to be paid (e.g. 10/1 for a 10/15 pay date).
- Read more about student temporary wage positions.
Documentation needed for working on campus
- View this complete list of acceptable I-9 documents.
- You must bring the original document(s) for identification and/or employment authorization. The university cannot accept copied, faxed or e-mailed copies of documents.
- If you have an unexpired US Passport or a Permanent Resident Card, you only need this document.
- If you do not have either of these documents, you will need to bring both: an unexpired government issued photo ID (i.e. Student ID, Drivers License, or Military ID) and an employment authorization document (i.e. Social Security Card or Birth Certificate)