Create a consistent and professional image that effectively articulates your value.
- A resume presents to an employer a summary of your relevant educational credentials, experience, skills, and extracurricular involvement.
- In many situations, your resume is the first impression an employer has of you. You want to make sure it is the strongest statement possible of your assets and reflects the “true” you.
- Employers spend a short time reviewing the resume of a potential candidate. It is essential that you have a well formatted, descriptive document that highlights what you offer the employer.
- Your goal is to advance to the next step in the job search process, which is usually the interview!
- The purpose of a cover letter is to tell a prospective employer what you can do, why you are interested in them, and why you feel you are qualified.
- A good, well-planned cover letter is just as important as an impressive resume or CV; and together they form an important resource in your job search.
- Send a cover letter anytime you submit your resume or CV for a position.