You must complete the steps below before you begin working.
New Student Workers: Prior to working, you will need to:
- Complete the online I-9 form.
- Complete all pages of this student employee new-hire packet.
- Upload your completed new hire packet to this Dropbox.
- If you have any issues uploading your paperwork to the dropbox, you can print the paperwork and submit it during your appointment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues uploading or if you have questions regarding the forms prior to submitting.
- Schedule an appointment to present your I-9 verification documents to HR.
- Bring your I-9 verification document(s) to Human Resources at your scheduled appointment time. (View acceptable documents)
- You must bring the original document(s) for identification and/or employment authorization. The university cannot accept copied, faxed or e-mailed copies of documents.
- Once you have completed and uploaded the paperwork and provided Human Resources with your I-9 document(s), you will be sent an electronic I-9 verification card that you will be able to forward to your supervisor/department for verification that you have completed the new hire process.
Examples: If you have an unexpired US Passport or a Permanent Resident Card, you only need this document. If you do not have either of these documents, you will need to bring both: an unexpired government issued photo ID (i.e. Student ID, Drivers License, or Military ID) and an employment authorization document (i.e. Social Security Card or Birth Certificate).
Returning Student Workers:
- If you have been issued a Work Verification Card (aka Yellow Card) and it has not been a year or longer since you worked on campus, you do not need to complete a new I-9 and hiring packet.