You must complete the steps below before you begin working.
New Student Workers: Prior to working, you will need to:
- After registering, you will receive a link to complete the I-9, normally within 2 business days.
- Foreign Nationals employees: You must attend the International Student Orientation and Immigration Check-In before beginning the I-9 process.
2. Complete all pages of the student employee new-hire packet.
- Click here for instructions on how to complete the new hire paperwork.
- Note: your NinerNet account must be activated to access these forms.
- Foreign Nationals employees: After completing your Student forms, download these tax forms to be completed and submitted to the Tax Office.
3. Schedule an in-person appointment to present the necessary documents required for the I-9: HR calendar.
4. Bring your unexpired I-9 documents to the King building (2nd floor - 222) at your selected appointment time.
- Example of List A documents: US Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Card - Only one document needed.
- Example of List B AND C documents: List B (Driver license/State ID/UNCC ID) AND List C (Birth certificate, Social security card).
- Foreign Nationals employees: Need to present an unexpired passport, current I-94, AND I-20 or DS-2019 - All documents needed.
- Note: You must provide unexpired/original document(s). No copies, scanned copies, or photos can be accepted. See the full list of acceptable documents here.
5. You will receive your I-9 verification via email to forward to your supervisor/department within 2 business days.
- Once you have (1) completed new hire paperwork, (2) provided your I-9 document(s) to Human Resources, (3) received the I-9 verification and (4) forwarded your I-9 email to your supervisor the process is complete.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning Student Workers:
- If you have been issued a Work Verification Card (aka Yellow Card) and it has not been a year or longer since you worked on campus, you do not need to complete a new I-9 and hiring packet.