Required Forms for Working on Campus

You must complete the steps below before you begin working. 

New Student Workers: Prior to working, you will need to:

1. Register for your electronic I-9 here.  

2. Complete all pages of the student employee new-hire packet

  • Click here for instructions on how to complete the new hire paperwork. 
  • Note: your NinerNet account must be activated to access these forms.  
  • Foreign Nationals employees: After completing your Student forms, download these tax forms to be completed and submitted to the Tax Office.

3. Schedule an in-person appointment to present the necessary documents required for the I-9: HR calendar.

4. Bring your unexpired I-9 documents to the King building (2nd floor - 222) at your selected appointment time. 

  • Example of List A documents: US Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Card - Only one document needed.
  • Example of List B AND C documents: List B (Driver license/State ID/UNCC ID) AND List C (Birth certificate, Social security card).
  • Foreign Nationals employees: Need to present an unexpired passport, current I-94, AND I-20 or DS-2019 - All documents needed.
  • Note:  You must provide unexpired/original document(s). No copies, scanned copies, or photos can be accepted. See the full list of acceptable documents here.

5. You will receive your I-9 verification via email to forward to your supervisor/department within 2 business days.

  • Once you have (1) completed new hire paperwork, (2) provided your I-9 document(s) to Human Resources, (3) received the I-9 verification and (4) forwarded your I-9 email to your supervisor the process is complete.

If you have any questions or issues, please contact

Returning Student Workers:

  • If you have been issued a Work Verification Card (aka Yellow Card) and it has not been a year or longer since you worked on campus, you do not need to complete a new I-9 and hiring packet.