Plan ahead - After accepting a job, it will take at least 10 business days to process your employment paperwork.
New students - next steps after accepting a FWS job on campus
- View the online orientation (look for it under Assignments in Canvas). You must complete this before you can begin working. This only needs to be completed once.
- At the end of the orientation, click the link to download the hiring packet. Complete the forms.
- WAIT AT LEAST 2 BUSINESS DAYS before you bring your original I-9 verification documents, the employee receipt of electronically filed I-9 form, and hiring packet to Human Resources main desk in King Building, Room 222.
- Human Resources will verify your ID and take your completed hiring packet. They will then give you your yellow card.
- Take your Yellow Card to Niner Central to pick up your appointment form.
- Take the appointment form and yellow card to your employer.
- Your employer needs to complete the form and return it in person (recommended) or via campus mail to Human Resources, attn: Student Employment, King Building, Room 222.
- During peak time, it may take 10 business days for your paperwork to be reviewed and for you to be set up for payroll.
returning students - same or different job as last year
- Pick up your reappointment form at the front desk of Niner Central (in Cone Center), Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Complete the top section of the form.
- Drop off the completed form to the department that is hiring you.
- The department will complete section 2 and return the form back to the Student Employment Office in King 222.
- **Note: During peak times, it may take 10 business days for your paperwork to be reviewed and for you to be set up for payroll.
|Date you want to start working||Submit completed appointment form by||You will receive your first paycheck|
|Aug 20||Aug 17||Sept 13|
|Sept 3||Aug 22||Oct 15|
|Oct 1||Sept 22||Nov 15|