Follow these steps for hiring non-FWS, new student employees: (click here for FWS process)
Create a Hire-A-Niner account
- Log in as an employer, not faculty/staff
Post position to Hire-A-Niner
- All postings require a job description and salary. View sample templates here.
Review applicants & interview students
Make offer of employment to student
- Have the student complete and submit an I-9 and hiring packet to Student Employment Office (King 222) or ISSO (International Students)
- The Student Employment Office will give student an I-9 verification card
- Domestic Students - yellow card from Student Employment Office
- International Students - blue card from ISSO
- Student gives verification card to hiring department
- Hiring department sets a future start date and completes and submits appropriate form
- EPAF, eGA, or Student Temp Wage Form
International Students Orientation Session
- International students need to be instructed to contact the ISSO to register for an orientation session.
- During times of the year that mass orientations are not offered, they need to make an appointment with the ISSO to initiate the hiring paperwork process.
Hiring Procedure for Returning Student Employees (Non-FWS)
- Returning student workers who have worked on campus will already have a Verification Card.
- If they have lost their Verification Card, they may visit HR to obtain a new one.
- If they have not had a year or more break in service, all the hiring department needs to do is submit the eGA or EPAF
- If they have had a year or more break, the student will need to complete a new I-9 and hiring packet before they begin working