UNC Charlotte offers part-time jobs for all currently enrolled students. These jobs are called "Student temporary wage positions". There are no financial eligibility requirements which must be met to obtain a position of this type.
Job opportunities vary, and are posted in many different locations
- Most academic departments list their jobs in the University Jobs Listing. You will find jobs for program assistants, graphic designers, office assistants, teaching assistants, and more. Click on the Student Temporary Wage button on the Jobs page..
- Recreational Services offers part time jobs such as: Intramual Sports Officials, Lifeguards, Fitness Assistants, Journalists/Multimedia
- Housing and Residence Life offers jobs such as Resident Assistants (RAs), desk receptionists, security guards, and support staff.
- Jobs in the Student Union include AV Production Techs, Building Managers, Retail Assistants, Theater Assistants, Loading Dock Assistants, Reservationists, Information Center Specialists, Office Assistants, and Maintenance Assistants
- Jobs in Food Outlets on Campus include positions related to dining and food service on campus.
Documentation needed for working on campus
- View this complete list of acceptable I-9 documents.
- You must bring the original document(s) for identification and/or employment authorization. The university cannot accept copied, faxed or e-mailed copies of documents.
If you have an unexpired US Passport or a Permanent Resident Card, you only need this document.
If you do not have either of these documents, you will need to bring both: an unexpired government issued photo ID (i.e. Student ID, Drivers License, or Military ID) and an employment authorization document (i.e. Social Security Card or Birth Certificate)